Position responsibilities include:
Provide overall administrative, financial and technical management of construction project from bid assistance through final acceptance by owner. Position is normally one of independent project supervision. Position has direct profit and loss responsibility and full project accountability.
To market company for prospective work through daily contact with owners, subcontractors, vendors and networking opportunities.
1. Provide owner contact to assess scope of work and resources
required to successfully complete a project. Maintain liaison with owner, A/E contacts and interface with subcontractors to promote well defined construction activities.
2. Establish project objectives, policies and procedures within the
boundaries of company policy (i.e,, project start-up meetings, project start-up information, progress meetings, etc.).
3. Buys out or assists in buyout, develop, monitor, update and publish
submittal schedule, project schedule, material status reports, milestones and close out requirements. Prepares special conditions for all general project requirements.
4. Develop budget and cost code breakdown from estimate. Develop
submittal schedule of values for requisitions.
5. Scope all contract documents prior to award of all subcontracts and
6. Oversees total on-site construction efforts to ensure project is
constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Monitor/control construction and safety through direction of on-site Project Superintendent.
7. Generate Notifications of Change and Proposals. Provide notification
of potential claim situations. Process change orders and subcontract amendments.
8. Conduct and record minutes in project progress meetings, assist in
labor negotiations, strategy meetings, etc. Attend meetings regarding monetary impact on project and as required by contract. Identify priority items with Owner/Architect.
9. Manage and monitor financial aspect of contacts (budget (estimate)
vs. cost, progress payments, rental equipment). Review contractor schedule of values and requisitions. Update quantities and costs for weekly/monthly reports.
10. Provide technical assistance and/or interpretation of drawings,
recommend construction methods and equipment. Initiate response to RFI’s and correspondence to/from Owner, Architect and Subcontractors.
11. Coordinate with Contractor Administrator on progress of
subcontracts, insurances, change orders, proposals, etc. for all logs.
12. Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective
13. Assure daily and weekly record keeping and weekly progress photos
are maintained. Maintain project notebooks and submittal logs. Progress photos are to be taken from consistent locations to indicate progress, details and specialties where appropriate.
14. Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate
15. Report to Project Executive.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education and experience include: Four (4) year engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience. Minimum of five (5) years of construction management, estimating and/or craft supervisor in similar facility construction.