Position responsibilities include:
Provide support to one or more departments within the company.
· Type all types of documents including letters, reports, subcontract, purchase orders, proposal and notifications of change. After project manager’s review/signature scan and save to the job file and reading file. Make office copies, mail and file.
· Set up and maintain new project files. Set up Project Manage/Field Supervisor notebooks. Give the project manager one set of Bid Documents. Print one set of As-Built drawings and one taped set of drawings for Field Supervisor. Print and bind one set of project specifications for the field supervisor.
· Answer phones, take and forward messages. Follow through on calls when needed. Screen calls. Required to be pleasant, tactful and patient with difficult calls.
· Greet visitors to the office. Show to conferenced room, offer beverages and notify the appropriate office personnel.
· Process and store delivered office supply items. Check off packing list, date stamp and give to Accounting.
· Read area newspapers for Requests for Bid and/or articles of interest in the construction industry and local communities. Copy, highlight information and give to CEO.
· Pick-up, open, date stamp, scan, save, copy and distribute daily mail. Save to project file and reading file. Process CEO’s daily mail. Process all outgoing mail and take to post office.
· Receive, date stamp, save, print, email and distribute incoming faxes. Fax outgoing correspondence and save to job file and reading file.
· Attend and Participate in Administrative meetings, project start up meetings, project closeout meetings, weekly Project Manager’s meetings and Estimating meetings.
· Update and distribute meeting notes for the Administrative and Project Manager’s meetings.
· Date stamp, “original” stamp, scan, save to job file and daily log file all daily logs received from field supervisors. Distribute to the project manager and file after project manager signs. Maintain the Daily Log List table.
· Maintain, update, email and distribute monthly project lists, telephone lists and employee initial lists. Provide CEO with duplicate copies of each for office, car, and portfolio.
· Distribute to all subcontractors a subcontract, supplemental agreements, sample insurance certificate, equipment rental agreement, tax exempt certificate, and W-9 Form. Make follow-up calls with subcontractors. Update the project’s SC-INS logs.
· Maintain current project and estimating file list. Route to CEO, VP, Project Managers and Estimator for review. Per updates remove files, scan and discard files.
· Insure continuance of office routine in supervisor’s absence.
· Date stamp, BID stamp, scan, save, and print incoming bidding documents. Per Estimator email all bid documents to ECA and update ECA Key Code Log with key code number. Set-up Estimating Folder and email office of receipt of bid documents. Date stamp, scan, save and print one copy for Estimating folder and one copy for bid documents incoming addenda, incorporate with existing bid documents and email to ECA. Email office of receipt.
· Check Project Managers’ and Estimators cc email files. Save to estimating files or project files and delete.
· Check for messages on un-used phone extensions. Forward messages to appropriate personnel.
· Provide clerical support for all departments in the companies.
· Recognize work priorities.
· Assist in maintaining the overall appearance of the business office to keep a neat, profession appearance about the office.
· Report situations and/or problems to Assistant Office Manager that may require supervisory attention.
· Provide clerical coverage at other office in the case of staffing shortage.
· Perform office errands when required, including office mail pick up, drop off and bid day lunch.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Education and experience requirements include: High school business curriculum. Minimum of 1 year office/secretarial or clerical experience. Knowledge of office routines and business machines. Excellent typing skills and advanced knowledge of word processing programs. Intermediate experience in spreadsheet programs.
Position requires ability to maintain confidentiality of work items at all times.