518.792.1128 | 518.792.1382 (fax)
Position responsibilities include:
Provide overall administrative, financial and technical management of construction project from bid assistance through final acceptance by owner. Position is normally one of independent project supervision. Position has direct profit and loss responsibility and full project accountability.
To market company for prospective work through daily contact with owners, subcontractors, vendors and networking opportunities.
· Provide owner contact to assess scope of work and resources
· required to successfully complete a project. Maintain liaison with owner, A/E contacts and interface with subcontractors to promote well defined construction activities.
· Establish project objectives, policies and procedures within the
· boundaries of company policy (i.e,, project start-up meetings, project start-up information, progress meetings, etc.).
· Buys out or assists in buyout, develop, monitor, update and publish
· submittal schedule, project schedule, material status reports, milestones and close out requirements. Prepares special conditions for all general project requirements.
· Develop budget and cost code breakdown from estimate. Develop
· submittal schedule of values for requisitions.
· Scope all contract documents prior to award of all subcontracts and
· purchase orders.
· Oversees total on-site construction efforts to ensure project is
· constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Monitor/control construction and safety through direction of on-site Project Superintendent.
· Generate Notifications of Change and Proposals. Provide notification
· of potential claim situations. Process change orders and subcontract amendments.
· Conduct and record minutes in project progress meetings, assist in
· labor negotiations, strategy meetings, etc. Attend meetings regarding monetary impact on project and as required by contract. Identify priority items with Owner/Architect.
· Manage and monitor financial aspect of contacts (budget (estimate)
· vs. cost, progress payments, rental equipment). Review contractor schedule of values and requisitions. Update quantities and costs for weekly/monthly reports.
· Provide technical assistance and/or interpretation of drawings,
· recommend construction methods and equipment. Initiate response to RFI’s and correspondence to/from Owner, Architect and Subcontractors.
· Coordinate with Contractor Administrator on progress of
· subcontracts, insurances, change orders, proposals, etc. for all logs.
· Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective
· Assure daily and weekly record keeping and weekly progress photos
· are maintained. Maintain project notebooks and submittal logs. Progress photos are to be taken from consistent locations to indicate progress, details and specialties where appropriate.
· Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate
· Report to Project Executive.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education and experience include: Four (4) year engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience. Minimum of five (5) years of construction management, estimating and/or craft supervisor in similar facility construction.
Summary: Assists PM in analyzing blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects or services. A PM is the individual charged with the responsibility for the complete and satisfactory execution of the entire project (from award to close out). The Assistant PM will help the PM’s with following:
Essential Estimating Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in the procurement of subcontractors and suppliers.
· Reviews data/plans/specs. to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
· Compute costs factors and prepares estimates used for pre-bid review.
· Estimate costs factors and prepares estimate used for planning, organizing and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors and determining cost effectiveness.
· May conduct studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
Essential Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
· Represents the company at bid conferences, job progress meetings and other functions outside the company.
· Orders materials for assigned jobs, set preliminary delivery schedules in cooperation with the General Superintendent and assigned PM.
· Make necessary contact with subcontractors and their superintendents. In cooperation with the assigned PM and General Superintendent, establish a job schedule and a dependable working relationship.
· Developing, monitoring, updating, and communicating the progress schedule and its periodic revisions.
· Reviews status reports, modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for management, client or others.
· Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
· Manages subcontractor schedules, quality-of-work, coordination with other trades, and payments.
· Prepare payment request and approve material and subcontractor payments in conjunction with Financial Officer. Monitors payments from owners and others for accuracy and timeliness.
· Assist in resolving any problems relating to the owner, architect, subcontractors or material suppliers.
· Report to the Vice President and General Management on job progress, problems or changes in an effort to keep unforeseen surprises to a minimum.
Submit your Resume
Position responsibilities include:
Four (4) year degree in Engineering or Construction management preferred, however, equivalent amount of experience and/or training will be considered in lieu of degree. Minimum ten (10) years of supervisory experience in the construction industry required. Knowledge of job scheduling with the use of computer software is preferred but not mandatory. We offer competitive salary with full benefit package.
SHOP / YARD ASSISTANT
Position responsibilities include:
Seeking a responsible, self motivated person to work in shop / yard located in the Clifton Park area. Duties include various activities in the everyday operations of a construction company yard. Small equipment and construction background. CDL license is a plus. NYS drivers license required. Benefit package available. All inquires are confidential. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position responsibilities include:
Provide support to one or more departments within the company.
· Type all types of documents including letters, reports, subcontract, purchase orders, proposal and notifications of change. After project manager’s review/signature scan and save to the job file and reading file. Make office copies, mail and file.
· Set up and maintain new project files. Set up Project Manage/Field Supervisor notebooks. Give the project manager one set of Bid Documents. Print one set of As-Built drawings and one taped set of drawings for Field Supervisor. Print and bind one set of project specifications for the field supervisor.
· Answer phones, take and forward messages. Follow through on calls when needed. Screen calls. Required to be pleasant, tactful and patient with difficult calls.
· Greet visitors to the office. Show to conferenced room, offer beverages and notify the appropriate office personnel.
· Process and store delivered office supply items. Check off packing list, date stamp and give to Accounting.
· Read area newspapers for Requests for Bid and/or articles of interest in the construction industry and local communities. Copy, highlight information and give to CEO.
· Pick-up, open, date stamp, scan, save, copy and distribute daily mail. Save to project file and reading file. Process CEO’s daily mail. Process all outgoing mail and take to post office.
· Receive, date stamp, save, print, email and distribute incoming faxes. Fax outgoing correspondence and save to job file and reading file.
· Attend and Participate in Administrative meetings, project start up meetings, project closeout meetings, weekly Project Manager’s meetings and Estimating meetings.
· Update and distribute meeting notes for the Administrative and Project Manager’s meetings.
· Date stamp, “original” stamp, scan, save to job file and daily log file all daily logs received from field supervisors. Distribute to the project manager and file after project manager signs. Maintain the Daily Log List table.
· Maintain, update, email and distribute monthly project lists, telephone lists and employee initial lists. Provide CEO with duplicate copies of each for office, car, and portfolio.
· Distribute to all subcontractors a subcontract, supplemental agreements, sample insurance certificate, equipment rental agreement, tax exempt certificate, and W-9 Form. Make follow-up calls with subcontractors. Update the project’s SC-INS logs.
· Maintain current project and estimating file list. Route to CEO, VP, Project Managers and Estimator for review. Per updates remove files, scan and discard files.
· Insure continuance of office routine in supervisor’s absence.
· Date stamp, BID stamp, scan, save, and print incoming bidding documents. Per Estimator email all bid documents to ECA and update ECA Key Code Log with key code number. Set-up Estimating Folder and email office of receipt of bid documents. Date stamp, scan, save and print one copy for Estimating folder and one copy for bid documents incoming addenda, incorporate with existing bid documents and email to ECA. Email office of receipt.
· Check Project Managers’ and Estimators cc email files. Save to estimating files or project files and delete.
· Check for messages on un-used phone extensions. Forward messages to appropriate personnel.
· Provide clerical support for all departments in the companies.
· Recognize work priorities.
· Assist in maintaining the overall appearance of the business office to keep a neat, profession appearance about the office.
· Report situations and/or problems to Assistant Office Manager that may require supervisory attention.
· Provide clerical coverage at other office in the case of staffing shortage.
· Perform office errands when required, including office mail pick up, drop off and bid day lunch.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Education and experience requirements include: High school business curriculum. Minimum of 1 year office/secretarial or clerical experience. Knowledge of office routines and business machines. Excellent typing skills and advanced knowledge of word processing programs. Intermediate experience in spreadsheet programs.
Position requires ability to maintain confidentiality of work items at all times.